22.1.07

not dead

It has been quite the hectic few weeks, and I'm taking a slight pause on both this blog and the music websites in order to take care of some small administrative tasks. Like what, you ask?

  • Submitting music to a particular publisher for wider distribution.
  • Beginning my last semester of undergraduate classes before student teaching.
  • Tangling in red tape while trying to apply to student teach.
  • Fiddling around with the mandolin.
  • Replacing my hard drive and trying to find all the information it contained in other, non-crashed places.
  • Rubbing my wife's back while she prepares to write her honors thesis. Very important.
  • Getting another job, this time at the library, where I will sit behind the circulation desk during hours when nobody comes to the library.
  • Directing the Institute Choir in Stake Conference. By the way, I love them. They sang very well after a grand total of one hour of rehearsal on the song we performed.
  • Preparing extra work for the time off I take in February for the Church Music Festival.
  • Trying to organize time off in April to sing in Columbia.
  • Organizing and hosting an invitational speech and debate tournament this weekend with 21 high schools currently registered.
  • Reading and writing submissions for the writing contest held at my university.
  • A secret project I cannot currently divulge, but which is very important.

So if you don't read much from me in the next few weeks, it is not for lack of noteworthy activity - it is for lack of time and energy to report.

No comments: